Gala Glamour Technique
Tango and Latin Gala is approaching, and you want to make sure you look your best. Tango is very passionate and it should be expressed in your face.
Eyes - Tango is very passionate and seductive, eyes are key. Here is an easy way to create a sultry look.
- Even out the colour of your eyelids by applying foundation or an eye base to the whole lid and put a light eye shadow over top. This will help your make-up last through out the whole night.
- Take an eye contour brush and use a matte brown or a grey shadow and blend it into the crease of your eye.
- Line the top and bottom of your eyes with a black or brown liner and blend the colour using a smudge brush.
- Do a couple of coats of mascara. Add some false lashes to the outer corners of your eyes for extra oomph if you like.
Brows - Do Not Forget Your Eyebrows! A lot of women do not realize how important it is to fill in their eyebrows. My clients are always amazed with how much better they look just by filling them in.
Cheeks - Highlighting and contouring the cheeks is a good look for evening.
- I find it is best to use a powder rather than a pencil. It gives a more natural look.
- Use a small angle brush and sweep the colour through the shape of your brows. For unruly eyebrows use an eyebrow wax or gel to keep the strays in place.
Lips - You cannot complete a Tango Look without red lips.
- Take a blush brush and use a matte brown blush and sweep it underneath your cheek bones, starting from the top and blending down. Use a highlighter cream or powder and dust it on the tops of your cheek bones, also in a downward sweep.
- Line your entire lip, this way when you are drinking it will ensure you still have colour on your lips even when your lipstick fades.
- Apply lipstick on top of liner. (Use a lip brush to apply lipstick so you have more control over where you are placing the colour.If red lipstick is too bold for you, try using a lip stain. This will give a soft flush colour to your lips.
Follow these few simple steps and you will have a gorgeous Gala Glamour look for The 2009 Latin/Tango Gala. Have a great night and enjoy the dancing!
Do you need some help putting on your make up? To book a consultation you can contact me at 403-471-5765 or
, I will be happy to apply or teach you how to do your makeup.
(Compiled by Shannon Payne)